Fresh Berry Trifle
2 (8 or 9 inch) white cake layers, baked & cooled
2 pints fresh strawberries
1/4 cup white sugar
1 pint fresh blueberries
1/4 cup orange juice
1 (3.5 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix (follow directions on package)
1 cup heavy whipping cream
· Slice strawberries and sprinkle them with sugar.
· Cut the bananas into slices and toss with orange juice.
· Make pudding.
· Cut the cake into 1 inch cubes.
· Use half of the cake cubes to line the bottom of a large glass
bowl. Layer half of the strawberries followed by half of the blueberries,
and then half of the bananas. Spread half of the pudding over the fruit.
Repeat layers in the same order.
· In a medium bowl, whip the cream to stiff peaks and spread over
top of trifle.
· Garnish with fresh berries.