Grilled Korean Style Beef Short Ribs
- 1 large Asian pear, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1/3 cup sherry wine
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/8 cup brown sugar
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 5 slices fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon sweet chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 4 pounds beef short ribs, trimmed
- Green onion for garnish
- Mix pear slices, sherry wine, soy sauce, rice vinegar, brown sugar, garlic,
ginger, hoisin sauce, sweet chili sauce, and sesame oil in a blender until
smooth, about 4 minutes.
- Arrange short ribs in a 9x13-inch baking dish and coat completely with
marinade. Cover baking dish with plastic wrap and transfer to the refrigerator
to marinate for 24 hours.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat, and lightly oil the grate.
- Grill short ribs until firm, hot, and slightly pink in the center, about
4 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center
should read 140 degrees F (60 degrees C).
- Garnish with Green Onion. Serves 8 - 10 Guests