November Recipe of the Month
Pumpkin Risotto with Goat Cheese & Dried Cranberries
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 2 Tbsp . unsalted butter
- 1 shallot minced
- 1 tsp . kosher salt
- 1 tsp . chopped fresh thyme
- 1 1/2 cups Arborio rice
- 1 tsp . white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 tsp . nutmeg
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/2 cup Dried Cranberries
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together the stock and pumpkin over medium heat. Bring to a simmer and reduce the heat to low. Cover and keep warm.
- Melt the butter in a large dutch oven or saucepan over medium heat. Once the foaming subsides, add the shallot and salt. Cook until softened, 2-3 minutes. Add the thyme and rice and cook for one minute longer.
- Add the white wine vinegar and a ladle of warm stock and cook, stirring occasionally, until the liquid has evaporated. Add another ladle of stock, and continue cooking until evaporated again. Continue cooking, adding a ladle of stock at a time, and allowing to evaporate in between each addition. Cook until the rice is done, but has a bite to it, it should be creamy in texture, and will take about 20-25 minutes.
- Mix in the parmesan, half of the parsley, and nutmeg. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Top with the remaining parsley, goat cheese and dried cranberries. Serve immediately.